Tuesday, April 14

Aren't You Tired of Bad News?

I don't watch the news. People (namely my mother and father)are always trying to convince me that I need to know what's going on in the world. I don't think that knowing a baby was placed in the microwave by its mother, or Brittney Spears' latest drama or how many people were bombed in Baghdad serves me. Those are things outside my sphere of control and they don't really affect my life. Those stories add to the prevalent sense of fear that is palpable in our society.

To know how many people lost their jobs and how bad the economy is, help me to be sympathic toward people and their loss, but too much of that information becomes a distraction on how I run my business. I can't coach and encourage WAHM to success if I'm also thinking of the "failing" economy. And the mom entrepreneurs that I've coached have gone on to do great things despite the "bad" economy. Why? Because we never entertain the conversation.

If you're tired of the bad news check out happynews.com. Great information that will make you smile and keep you encouraged!

1 comment:

  1. I avoid the news as much as possible. I get so depressed about all that bad stuff that I can't do anything about -- except to be afraid that I'm next!

    ReplyDelete