Tuesday, April 28

Am *bitch*ous by Debra Condren, Ph.D.

I love reading! Yet I'm always complaining that I don't have time to read. So last year I logged every book and surprisingly I read 12 books (and skimmed through at least 40). No more complaints from me I'll just keep chugging along!

Anyho, this weekend I read Am*bitch*ous by Debra Condren, Ph.D. Even though I don't use the "B" word I thought it was intriging, the way she captured it into her titled.
This is a must-read for all women. I'm a self-assured and confident woman. My relationship with my Creator is the source of my confidence and decisions. I'm naturally outgoing and had a good child-hood so no self-esteem issues there. But I stuggle balancing my natural desire to be ambitious and take over the world with my maternal desire to be a quiet, content, stay-home mom. The mom-guilt regularly sits me down. Periodically, it has sat me down for months at a time!

Well Debra Condren, Ph.D says there is no balance and I need to stop looking for it and trying to make it happen. "Struggle and imbalance are a normal part of life; balance is not normal." "...in order to be the best you can be and to acheive greatness, you need to be myopic...you have to have laser-beam focus on your work."

Something I knew intuitively and something I've said while coaching clients laden with mom-guilt. But this was the first time that I read it! Yippeee! I'm free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment