Thursday, March 26

Which is Bigger: Your Problem or You?

After having coached an absolutely powerful woman this morning, I hung up the phone-well, I actually closed up the phone-amazed, again, that someone can be so talented, so gifted, so powerful, so called to do what she does and still struggle with doubt and negativity.

To help her move along, we refocused on her target market, mission and vision statements. I talked her through a visualization activity that reminded her of her strengths and gave her a nightly assignment. Once reminded of her potency she was ready to resume the pursuit of her weekly goals.

But once again I was reminded of how our minds can make life, troubles, our weaknesses, seem so much bigger then they truly are.

Then I found this video. The card trick is a great visual of that point. Adrian Law also addresses how to deal with the negative thinking and the benefit of a coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment