Thursday, January 29

Are We Making Money Yet?

It's no surprise but nonetheless it amazes me that there are online pitches like, "make $249,000 in a week!"

And surprisingly people still fall for it. Why people why? Haven't we heard the saying, "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is"? Didn't parents teach that to us in our early informative years? Or maybe you had a parent that was out there chasing the "too good to be true" thing and so you didn't get that lesson.

We have all seen that the ones who chase the "too good to be true" thing tend to be the lazy, want something for nothing types (a fool and his money are soon parted) OR they are the ones who are tired of working so hard and become vulnerable.

After my 5th baby my weight didn't drop back as quickly as it usually does. As a matter of fact she's 18 mos old and Im still 30lbs heavier than my normal 125. At a certain point I got desparate and where I use to laugh at the commercials that said, "Eat all the pizza, burgers, fries and steaks you want and you can still lose 50lb and you don't even have to exercise!" I found my ears perking up. And then one afternoon it even made sense. "Yes, a special formula designed to attack your fat gobules! Ingenius! I need that!!!"

You could have classified me as the lazy, want something for nothing type! But my senses came back to me before my money parted!

Anyho, when it comes to entreprenuership you're going to have to:
1. Work hard. Business is like a baby it requires nuturing and time to grow. You'll reap the benefits in the end (the end could be 2yrs from now or 10).

2. Maintain your focus. With the many details of day to day life plus the many details of babies and children this is very difficult.

3. Operate with courage, determination and persistence while being flexible and open to change. That sentence alone is hilarious. Trying to do it can teeter you on the border line of insanity.

4. Constantly learn. Keeping up with the changing technolory is cruicial and exhausting. Fortunately for me I have a teenager that I go to. I feel like an old lady begging the young man for mercy crumbs, "Pardon me sonny, but can you teach me how to convert a Youtube video and upload it onto my site? I'se be much obligied. " But hey, whatever it takes to keep up with the changing times.

Money will come but only after you have faithfully worked at these (there are other requirements, but I'll save those for another post). I love being a business coach because I help people, particularly people like me, Mommy Entrepreneurs, work faithfully at their goals. I help them maintain focus, encourage them to be persistent, and continue to work hard for what they want. When they've done that and the money starts rolling in, "Oh Happy Day!"

Money will come but you must work, focus, persist, and learn before it'll will show itself to you.

And stay away from the hype!

No comments:

Post a Comment